I reached out to few people personally through messages and also posted my survey on the platform itself.
I received 24 responses within 24 hours. And also approached 5 members and community manager for detailed discussion. We had a talk approximately for an hour.
PS: I also gained few good friends😁.
This research played most important role in helping me know user’s expectations and pain points.
Survey conducted for research:
- 66.7% women discovered this community through Instagram.
- 54.2% are also a part of other communities.
- 95.8% built a good network within the community.
- Only 33.3% could not find any suitable job here.
- Only 8.3% never participated in any event/ contest hosted by Kool Kanya.
- 100% women who are a part of PowerPass community are also a member of open community platform.
- A large no of members devote at least 1–2 hours a day to the community.
🌐 Most of the women access the community platform from it’s webpage. Even if they are more comfortable with mobile phone, they will not prefer application.
🎁 Team Kool Kanya sends goodies to the most consistent and engaging members once every quarter.
🎉 Community celebrates every small and big achievement with whole community members via Zoom or Google Meet. They have also celebrated festivals like Christmas virtually.
🤝 Active Moderators: Team kool kanya is easily accessible on chat and quickly responds if any member needs any kind of help. They also engage with members via comments. Sharing my personal experience, Team kool kanya also helped me a lot during my research to get maximum responses.
✨ Appreciation posts : They appreciate efforts of their community members and posts about their achievements, like making it to the leaderboard etc. on other platforms like LinkedIn.
👭 Members help each other get a good opportunity by posting into the feed or by recommending other deserving people for any job role. Anyone can join any group as per their interests and can fulfill their purpose of joining the community.
🧊 Transparency : Moderators are very much transparent with the members and there is a proper communication channel within the community. Team is highly user centric and they regularly ask for feedbacks.
🗓️ Most of the members are here from a very long time and they find it unbiased and reliable. They do not wish to leave it soon.
📝 Their influence score is calculated based on the quality of content or answers they are posting and also on how active the person is.
🚫 If someone tries to misuse the platform for their personal moto then their account will get blocked if caught on moderation. Also, someone who identifies himself as a man is not allowed to be a part of this community.
- Women are less likely to engage actively on weekends as they access the website through their laptops or PCs while working. But, participation in any event would be more on weekends as most of them are working women and have tight schedules.
- They don’t see more likes and followers as any inspiration to post regularly but appearing on leaderboard or earning power batch can act as an inspiration for many.
- Participation in any event highly depends upon the speaker’s experience and skills. Women will invest time wisely in any session even if they have already paid for annual membership.
After user interviews, I grouped the similar findings together and drew a usage pattern from raw observations to define a user persona of a typical Kool Kanya community member.
All women join community for their own specific reasons, expectations and have their own likes and dislikes. I drafted this single user persona to present the expectations, goals and pain points of a typical community member.