so I’m usimg ancient CRM on even more ancient OS and recently noticed a weird performance issue. Here’s everything we know so far:
1. Changed format of names from “First then Last” to “Last, First Middle”
2. Manually updated all contacts by going one by one, deleting first name, saving, re-entering first name, then saving again.
3. Get a “Internet explorer cannot display the web page” error when opening contacts, accounts, or other records
what I’ve done to fix it:
1. Open IIS manager
2. Go to site properties > ASP.NET tab
3. Edit settings
4. Adjust time out from 300 to 2100.
5. Restart IIS
While this does indeed get that error message to go away, I wind up now with rather slow times for my accounts, contacts, or any other record. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to optimize performance?
OS: Windows Server 2003 R2 With SP2
SQL: SQL 2005 with SP4
CRM: CRM 4.0 enterprise with no updates
RAM: RNges 512 MB to 4 GB
client access method: Terminal Server 2003 with IE 8.0 pointing to CRM1.WINX-CESD-US.local/icare
the terminal server has 4 GB of RAM